Supplier of methyl methacrylate
Methyl methacrylate (MMA) is a methyl ester of methacrylic acid, appears as a clear colorless oily liquid with an aromatic smell, flammable, slightly soluble in water and floats on water. Methyl methacrylate may polymerize exothermically if heated or contaminated with strong acid or base.
If the polymerization takes place inside a container, the container may rupture violently, therefore Inhibitors, such as: Topanol A, MEHQ, BHT or HQ, are added to keep Methyl Methacrylate from initiating polymerization.
Methyl methacrylate is used in manufacturing of methacrylate Resins and Plastics (e.g., Plexiglas). The principal uses of Methyl methacrylate are: cast acrylic sheets of different grades (advertising signs and displays, lighting fixtures, glazing and skylights, building panels and sidings, and plumbing and bathroom fixtures), molding/extrusion powder, and coatings (latex paints, lacquer, and enamel resins). Methyl methacrylate also can be used as a water-repellent on concrete surfaces.
We, ekc.ag, support your petrochemical's deliveries - with premium quality, excellent logistics around the globe and our associated risk management - contact us!
Industries of methyl methacrylate uses:
- Acrylic sheeting from molding or extruding polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA); PMMA resins are used to make products that require good optical clarity and stability such as car taillights and outdoor lighting
- Protective coatings, architectural and maintenance paints
- Liquid crystal display screens
- Acrylic component
- Acrylic resins, polymerizable monomer
- Component of finish
- Construction and building materials
- Furniture and furnishings
- Auto fluids and additives (power steering fluids, transmission fluids, brake fluids, fuel injector cleaners, gas treatments, or leak stoppers)
- Acrylic coatings